As if it isn't bad enough that Mark Foley excused his behavior by claiming to be drunk at the time he was sending inappropriate emails to pages, now the priest he has named as the one who abused him has said that at the time he was in a drug-induced stupor and that is why he behaved the way he did. Read it for yourself:
The Rev. Anthony Mercieca, 72, described several encounters that he said Foley might perceive as sexually inappropriate, the Sarasota Herald-Tribune reported. They include massaging Foley while the boy was naked, skinny-dipping together at a secluded lake in Lake Worth and being nude in the same room on overnight trips.
Mercieca said there was one night when he was in a drug-induced stupor and there was an incident but he couldn't clearly remember, the newspaper reported.
"I have to confess, I was going through a nervous breakdown," the newspaper reported Mercieca as saying from his home on the island of Gozo, south of Sicily. "I was taking pills -- tranquilizers. I used to take them all the time. They affected my mind a little bit."
Give me a break. How stupid do these people think we are? It is ridiculous that all of these high profile people think that they can just say they were on drugs or they were drunk and that is the excuse for their behavior. And then they get away with it for the most part. Normal, everyday people get away with nothing. Neither should celebrities or politicians.
2 years ago

























No comments:
Post a Comment