Monday, October 09, 2006

Word Of The Day

I have decided, after seeing this at someone's house, to use the list of 100 most common SAT words to come up with a word of the day. This word and it's part of speech and definition is taped to the bathroom mirror in the boys' bathroom. Hopefully they will learn the word as they brush their teeth or get dressed after the bath that they take every night (ha!) Learning while grooming. Novel concept and one I thought I would borrow. So...

The word of the day is:

ASSIDUOUS: adj. hard-working; careful and attentive; diligent.

Now, use the word in a sentence. Use the comments. I chose this word because I have just posted a bathroom duty and a trash duty schedule, so I thought I would use a word that applied. Here's my sentence: Now they need to assiduously do their chores. How's that?

This probably won't be a daily thing, but more of a few days thing, so when I change the word here at home, I will try to give it to you, also. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All the things I am not! I shall always have to remember this word

Anonymous said...

I meant that to read that I am!!! LOL