Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Vidor Makes Me Sick Sometimes

Now I know why I don't live in Vidor. I really get disgusted when I read things like are in the following article:

Texas city haunted by 'no blacks after dark' past

A reporter from CNN went to Vidor for this story and talked to the residents there. One woman was quoted as saying:

"I don't mind being friends with them, talking and stuff like that, but as far as mingling and eating with them, all that kind of stuff, that's where I draw the line."

How absolutely stupid does that sound? How absolutely racist does that make Vidor sound? I have family that live in Vidor. Don't know why they stay except that they have always lived there. I don't think it has anything to do with racism, or at least I hope not.

I just don't get it. What is so great about Vidor? It is a town that is absolutely backwards. The people who live there, for the most part, can be spotted a mile away by the way they dress, the cars they drive and the way they talk. They seem to be less educated and way down on the economic ladder. The town is mostly trash. There is one neighborhood that has decent homes that I know of. For every one brick and mortar house there are 10 mobile homes and all they stand for. This is totally my impression of Vidor. My opinion only. But I think that Vidor has to be the scummiest place I know of.

No comments: