Friday, June 08, 2007

TB Patient is Example of "Entitled Generation"

I keep seeing this guy on the news and he keeps saying the same thing and I am sick of it.

Andrew Speaker, who as we all know, got on a plane after being told that the health officials in Atlanta would prefer he not fly keeps on saying he was not told to absolutely not fly. He also says that he did not want to be locked away for 3 weeks or more. And then his parents and his sister get in to the discussion and you understand where he gets it from.

This is one of the best examples out there of the "entitled generation" as I like to call them. The parents of these brats raise them to think that they are entitled to do as they please and don't have to follow the law or anything else. Their parents back them up and defend their actions. They are the ones who instilled it in them in the first place, so why wouldn't they?

Poor pitiful Andrew. He has a disease that can harm others and he doesn't understand that he needs to do what the doctors say to do. This man even returned to the country by Canada, like he was a fugitive. I guess that his wedding was the most important thing to him. See, HIM. It's all about HIM and no one else. Even his dad said he wouldn't have canceled the trip.

I hope that all the parents in my generation start learning to tell their kids no sometimes so that they don't think that they are entitled too. Unfortunately I know some parents who think their kids do no wrong and are raising another generation that feels entitled. Grow up and do the right thing. Teach your kids to take responsibility for themselves. That is the only way we are going to change this direction in our country.

No comments: