Saturday, April 19, 2008

Beaumont Parades Suck

I tell you what, Beaumont does not know how to do parades.

The Neches River Festival Parade was held today and it was the most boring thing to watch. All of the high school bands were in it, as was a contingent from each middle and elementary school in the city. The bands did not play, the cheerleaders did not cheer, and there was no music coming from the floats. What a crock!

When is Beaumont going to wake up and do a parade right? Or when are the participants going to let loose and have fun? Port Arthur got it right with their Mardi Gras Parade. There is always lots of music and lots of fun, and lots of people turn out to watch. Beaumont needs to loosen up. What they called a parade today was a shame. I am ashamed to be from this town today.

But I am still posting the video. Have a look and make your own judgement.

No comments: