I used to post on this blog every day. I have gotten away from that. Well, I am going to try to post something everyday. Today, a review of "Wall-E". (I am not good at this so bear with me.)
****SPOILER ALERT*** DO NOT CONTINUE IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS!
I took the kids, a friend and Travis to see "Wall-E" today. It's a Pixar movie, it can't go wrong. Starts off with a great, and I mean GREAT, short. The magician and the rabbit are hilarious. But, I can't tell anymore, it will ruin it.
Wall-E is a robot trash compactor left behind on earth after the humans leave the Earth to live on a spaceship because the Earth is so dirty. He spends his time compacting trash and hanging out with a roach. All of the other trash compactors have all become trash themselves, so he is alone. Until one day a spaceship drops off a drone to check for life on earth. Wall-E becomes enamored of the drone and follows her back to the spaceship after he gives her the plant that she was looking for.
As in every Pixar movie, John Ratzenberger appears as a character. He is John, one of the humans that are on the spaceship. The humans have become sedentary and overweight while all of the technology around them takes total care of them. The technology has become the dominant force in their world.
This movie is great on so many levels. First, it is Pixar and that means top notch animation. It is the best. Second, it brings to the forefront our environmental issues and the impact that we have on our world when we waste so much. And, finally it shows that we are becoming a technology driven world and that eventually technology is going to be smarter than we are.
Go see this movie, you won't regret it.
2 years ago

























No comments:
Post a Comment