Sunday, August 31, 2008

Getting Ready For Gustav

We are in the line of the storm once again with Hurricane Gustav. A mandatory evacuation has been called for our area for Sunday morning at 6:00 a.m.

We have not decided what to do yet. James is with me this time, so at least that is different than with Rita. Not knowing where the storm is going to hit is the big issue. It could hit the central Louisiana coast, or it could go west of us and hit Galveston. If we knew what it was going to do we could plan better.

At this point all I know is that school has been cancelled for Tuesday with the rest of the week up in the air depending on what the storm does. My mother is in Houston because she has to work. My younger sister is in San Antonio. I am not sure where my older sister is.

I am sick to my stomach because I don't know what is happening. I don't know what to do. I am listening to James hoping that he is right.

No comments: