I cannot wait for school to start. I am not a typical mom. I really don't like summer, and I want my kids to get out of the house. Don't get me wrong, I love my kids to death. I just need time to myself. During the summer, I never have time alone without shutting myself in my bedroom and locking the door.
That being said, I am going to be so crazy when they go back next week. Homework starts, band practice, football games, afterschool tutorials...back to the grind. It's what keeps me going, though. So maybe all that help me get back to the gym. I really need to get back there and work on myself.
I have a feeling I will be saving money with them back at school. No more lunches out every day that cose upwards of $30. They can eat at school, and BISD had made breakfast a free meal for each student in the district. They have decided that breakfast is the most important meal for the kids and don't want any one of them to do without breakfast for any reason. $20 a kid every 10 days is better than $30 a day.
So, for all you parents out there who are stressing about their kids starting school, look at it from another direction. Make it about finding time for yourself. Us moms get lost in our kids sometimes and we need to do something for us. Go get a latte after you drop the kids off at school. Make plans for your girlfriends to go to breakfast on that first day. Do something for you. It will make the day go by so much faster. I promise.
3 years ago

























No comments:
Post a Comment