Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thankful

Wow!  It has been over a month since I posted and I just KNOW everyone is wondering what happened.....NOT!  I know that no one really reads my blog....it just isn't interesting enough.  Before facebook, it was read by several people every day.  Now, not so much.  But I change my header with the seasons anyway and hope that I remember to post just every once in a while. 

I have been very busy with school.  Turned in a research paper that was too short.  Wrote a composition in Spanish that probably made no sense.  Took two kids to the airport to go see their dad.  And celebrated my 42nd birthday. 

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I really have lots to be thankful for.  I have three healthy kids who are polite and smart.  I have a roof over our heads.  I usually find a way to make sure the boys always have whatever they need. 

What I don't have this year is the means to make Christmas what it should be for the boys and that makes me sad.  I'm not complaining, and I'm not looking for sympathy, but it is a fact.  There may be no presents under the tree this year.  I'm not sure that I made the right decision in going back to school and not getting a job.  I know that eventually my degree will allow me to get a job that will provide for my family, but right now it is hard. 

But I am still thankful for all we have.  It may not be much, but we have just what we need all the time. 

No comments: