Sunday, October 15, 2006

Have You Seen This Show?

There is a new show that comes on right after "Desperate Housewives" on Sunday night called "Brothers and Sisters". I like this show a lot. I just realized why.

Calista Flockhart stars as a Republican journalist who comes home to live after being away from her family for several years and being estranged from them because her mother believed that she convinced a younger sibling to join the military where he was promptly sent to Iraq. Her family are all Democrats. She is constantly at odds with them because of her beliefs. On tonight's episode, her mother, played by Sally Field, puts up a picture of the entire family - well, except she's not in it. She is left out of this family portrait. She is the odd man out politically. She is the one in the family that everyone sees as different.

She's me. I am Democrat, my family is Republican. I get left out a lot. I always have. I have always been the different one. That's why I like this show. I see my life. Totally.

If you haven't seen it, watch it. It doesn't get into politics, it is all about they dynamics of a family. If you have ever had issues with your family, which all of us have, you will like it.

No comments: