Friday, October 06, 2006

I Am About To Give Up

I thought that by putting this blog online, I could post some pictures of my kids where family could see them and write about some things I thought were important. And, I thought that if I shared with my family and friends that it was here, they might want to visit often and read it and enjoy the pictures and disagree with my views on some things. Boy, was I wrong.

Obviously, I am the only one who cares what is on this blog. It's evident by the number of hits it has had since I put this up: 32. 32 hits in a month. That's barely one a day. I know that there are some of you who visit and I have had a few comments, 3 to be exact. But is it worth it? Is this worth my time? I guess not.

I really try to stay away from political issues and basically the news. But this week has been very different. We have had a man walk into an Amish school and shoot 10 young girls, killing 5 of them. We have had a congressman resign after he was found to be a child predator. We have these crazy people coming to our town to protest at the funeral of a fallen soldier. I could not let these things go by without comment.

I know that I have a different opinion about things than most of the people I know. But why is that bad? These opinions have been formed over my entire life. It's not just something I have decided in the last few years. I knew early on that preaching hate is wrong. I was preached hate for 17 years in a small church where the preacher was a hatemonger who didn't like anyone, that includes Catholics, blacks, gays...I could go on and on and on. He was an idiot. He was also wrong.

I have been a teenager whose family turned away from her because I got pregnant at 17. I was raped when I was 19. I was never made to feel I was loved, or even liked, by anyone other than my grandmother. I was constantly compared to others for not being as good as them. I have never graduated from college, I barely graduated from high school. I am not a good wife. I am not a good housekeeper. I don't even think I am a good mother.

But one thing I do know is that I have a right to my opinion. That is guaranteed to me in the Constitution. I also have the right to free speech. And so does everyone else. But it seems that my speech is wrong. Yet again, I am wrong. I guess I have been wrong since I was born with a heart defect that should have killed me. I have always been wrong.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear those sad things...I had no idea. Don't take the fact that I don't read your blog personally...I don't read anything but my email and shopping...:) Write if you like to write then write what you want...it's good to get it out if you enjoy doing it! Who cares if anyone reads it! Keep on with it if you like it!

Love ya,
B:)

Anonymous said...

I read your blog!! I love visiting your site!! It took a reminder from you where the new one was, I kept checking into the last two ones by mistake. I usually don't comment but I enjoy keeping up with what you and your family is up to because I enjoy having you as I friend. It makes me so sad to think you have such a negative imagine of yourself. You need to try some positive affiramations, kind of like on the old SNL! He He! Life is hard enough without giving ourselves a hard time. I know easier said than done, but life is to be lived and enjoyed. It will benefit your boys to have a good self imagine, I know 1st hand from my mom(long story I'll share one day with you). I usually don't comment because I feel like I don't get half of what's up in America these days (and I have two Master's degrees) or don't have all the info on all the issues out there. So please don't feel like noone enjoys your blog! Have a GREAT week and I look forward to seeing you at October Bunko!!!!

Anonymous said...

I wanted to add but got interrupted by Maggie, my 2 year old, so my train of though go messed up, that I think your a good mommy no matter what you say. You are very involved with them and I it seems that they come 1st in your life and you are always taking them places and doing things for them (PTA, church, softball, etc...) and that is what a good mom does. So please know that I think you are a good mom cause I have seen what a not so good mom is like and there is no comparison to you!!!!