Why the heck can't we all get along? Why does everything have to be a political or religious or racial issue? We are all people and we need to get along.
Stop taking down Christmas trees. If I have a neighbor who is Jewish, am I going to offend them with my Christmas lights? Am I going to have to remove them?
I do have a friend who is Muslim. My kids are friends with her kids. Have been since they started school. Her son is probably the best friend Brenham has. I always make sure that when they come to my house, if I am going to feed them and have decided to make pizza, I get turkey pepperoni and all is well. I am sensitive to others feelings and beliefs. Why shouldn't everyone be sensitive of mine?
Chicago took down ads for the movie about the nativity at a CHRISTMAS fesitval because it might offend non-christians. Why are the non-christians there? And if they are there, they should know what they are attending and not be offended. They chose to attend, they should deal with the theme. Now the Seattle airport has taken down their Christmas trees because a rabbi complained that there needed to be a menorah alongside the trees.
It's getting too complicated people. This is supposed to be a time of year to celebrate. And whether you celebrate Christmas or Hannukah, Kwanzaa or Eid, it all amounts to the same thing. We are celebrating, we should be happy and we should all get along.
2 years ago

























No comments:
Post a Comment