Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Praying

Someone told me once that the best place to pray was somewhere that you can be alone, because when you are praying for something, you don't need to do it for show so that anyone can see you humble yourself before God. Does that make sense?

In the same sense, all of these people who are on television putting their souls out on display seem to me to be doing it for the show factor. Like maybe if they show everyone that they pray, that they will be better people for it. I don't think it works that way. I think if you really humble yourself before God in private it is so much better.

I know that you should show your faith and live in a way that is in the image of God, showing that you are a good person. But you don't have to be over the top about it. There are so many examples of this on television these days. Paris Hilton, Michael Vick...they found God after getting in trouble with the law. Politicians evoke their religious beliefs whenever they think it will help them most. And my biggest irritation right now...Big Brother 8.

The ones on there who use the diary room as their own personal prayer room make me so mad. I'm sorry, but I don't think that God worries about whether or not someone wins Big Brother. It seems to me that there are more important things in this world than Big Brother.

I guess what I am trying to say is that it all seems so fake to me. So scripted. The tears on BB8 and the "I found Jesus" statements seem like just words.

Once again I don't know if I am making any sense but I hope I am.

No comments: