Friday, August 21, 2009

I Got A Job!

I am going to be a reporter for the new Kountze (TX.) Post. Small newspaper, just starting up, run by a good friend of mine who knows that, yes, contrary to popular belief, I can really write.

I am going to be covering the local high school sports (my first choice of writing when I was younger) plus the Commissioner's Court and the Chamber of Commerce. It's only going to be a monthly, so the sports will be analysis and the rest will be what happened at the meetings and what the public may need to be made aware came out of the meetings. I am also going to do a feature or two, starting with a feature on the new head football coach. I may do some of the editing, as well.

This is going to be real fun for me. I have not been this excited about anything in a while. I always wanted to go in to journalism. It's been a long time since I wrote a piece for a paper, but I am going to try my best to get my skills up.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Hey! Congrats! That sounds like so much fun!!