Sunday, October 04, 2009

Hectic Times

It's been kinda hectic around my house since school started. I have been too busy to even get on facebook most days. But, that is changing and things are tapering down now.

As much as I want to keep up with this blog, I just seem to forget to update it. The past month there really has been no time, though, so I really don't feel too bad about that. Let me catch you up (whoever "you" are).

After getting the kids in school and getting all their school supplies together (which took about two weeks), James was due home the second Thursday of School. Well, that first Friday of school I was called by the secretary at the middle school to sub for her because she had a family emergency. What I thought might be a week, a week and a half, turned in to a month. I worked the entire time my husband was home and I was exhausted every night when I got home. For someone who is not used to that, it took a lot out of me. Figure in the fact that it's a middle school with all those middle school issues, and it was a month and a half if you ask me.

In there I had to keep my kids on track with their homework, go to football games, get instruments fixed, plus manage to keep the house from becoming a pigsty. I know that all of those of you out there who work everyday wonder what the heck I am complaining about, but it's not really complaining. It's more of a realization that I can't do it. I am not made out to do it.

So, now I am no longer working and want to get back to the things I normally do. Playing on facebook, trying to do a load of laundry or two a day, and helping my kids stay on track. And then, on Friday of this week, I am taking a trip to DC to see my husband for a few days.

Maybe I can do this blog thing a little more often. I am even going to try that blog-facebook thing that I have seen. If I can figure it out.

1 comment:

Lara Neves said...

I'm glad that you are done with the subbing. It is VERY hard to try to work and keep up with the other responsibilities we have as mothers, too! I don't know that any of us are truly cut out for it, unless we have the luxury of a maid! :)