School starts tomorrow...for all four of us. It is a new school year full of new possibilities. This year will have no life changing moments that stop some of us cold in our tracks, I just know that. This is going to be a great year.
On top of that, this is going to be a great week. Some things that needed to be handled last week were and there are some great things coming my way this week. Can't elaborate anymore on that....sorry.
Brenham is a Senior this year. How time flies. I remember the day we took him to Kindergarten and he told us we could go. He read a book to the class and just excelled from day one. He is applying for colleges now and just biding his time until he can get to college. I am so proud of him. He is smart and talented and just all around awesome. This is the beginning of his quest for his future and I can't wait to see where he goes.
Nicholas is starting his sophomore year. He is a good student who just needs to apply himself and I don't know how to get him to do that. Homework is a challenge with him....he just doesn't want to do it. When he does do it, I don't think he turns it in. Not sure why that is. He is smart. Very smart. Sometimes I think he is bored, but he can't go to the harder classes because he won't do his homework to make the grades to stay there. It's frustrating to say the least. But it is a new year and maybe it is the year he turns around.
David is in 7th grade. He will be playing football this year. He has never played organized football before. But he is good. He can throw like no one's business and he can catch as well. The coach wants him to play football very badly. He isn't afraid....I am. But he is excited and it seems like he really wants to do this for a while, so play football he will.
I am taking my first Pedagogy class this fall. For those of you who don't know, this is a teaching class. It is going to be a night class that is two hours, 45 minutes long. Never done that before. I am also taking the second halves of Spanish and Geology, along with American Literature. I just hope AmLit is about more than poetry. Got enough of that in BritLit.
So, tomorrow morning, off we go in to a new year of possibilities. Plus this week, my divorce may be final.
2 years ago

























No comments:
Post a Comment