Friday, September 29, 2006

I Do Have Good Kids

Last night, I had a PTA board meeting to attend at Olive Garden. I had not had time to get the boys anything to eat, so I took them with me. Now this can be a bad thing if they decide to fight or run around the restaurant, which they do to me all the time. I told them what I expected before we went in the restaurant and I crossed my fingers.

We were in a room separate from the main dining room, so we had a little privacy for our meeting. There were extra tables, so the boys took one of them. They ordered their drinks by themselves, ordered their food by themselves and sat and ate without any real problems. I was able to concentrate on the meeting without too much distraction. Not that they were perfect, but they were really pretty good.

Then, as we were getting ready to leave, the waitress says, "Who do the kids belong to?" At this time, they were sitting in chairs pretending to be driving a car. I was ready to crawl under the table when the waitress continues, "I just want to say how well behaved they were. They even sat at their own table. They were really good." Whew! I then claimed them and said thank you. What a great compliment! I was so proud.

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

It's kinda' cool when they start to grow up on you, isn't it?!

Anonymous said...

Don't you luv when that happens out of the blue!!