Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Flat David

David's teacher has her third grade class do a project each year based on the book "Flat Stanley". While I have never read the book, I do know its' concept and it is just the cutest thing.

In the book, Stanley is apparantly flattened by something that falls on him. He is flat, but still able to communicate. His parents feel that he has had a bad enough time and decide to send him on vacation. They put him in an envelope and mail him to his grandparents, I think. While on vacation, he goes many places and has many pictures taken of him. He is then sent back home in the envelope with the pictures that were taken. So that's the concept.

Each child is then asked to make a flat person of themselves and send it on vacation somewhere. When Nicholas did this project, he sent Flat Nicholas to Seattle to visit Uncle Peter. Well, Flat David got to visit the nation's capital. He even got to visit the White House. See...

No comments: