2 years ago
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Lights Are On But No One Is Home
I hear I have electricity. I wouldn't know, I am not home. I can't even get there. I have to wait until Thursday or Friday to go home. I am tired of this hotel room and not having money. FEMA won't answer the phone and when they do, it is the wrong people to answer the questions I have and then I have to call back and start all over again. Ugh! I am so frustrated!
Labels:
frustration,
Hurricane Ike
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

























2 comments:
Why are you calling FEMA? They abandoned the "expedited funds" program after Hurricanes Katrina and Rita. They ARE NOT giving out money to anyone. They are only providing transitional housing, which pays for FEMA approved hotels, at the federal per diem rates for the area you are in. They will only assist you with home repairs if you DO NOT have homeowner's insurance. The rumors about everyone getting $2500 was NOT TRUE.
FEMA rep Chertoff was on the radio and is getting slammed around here for not providing housing for the Bridge City residents yet. They have to keep cops on duty at his FEMA RV, which is parked next to our church at that office building. The Bridge City Mayor called him an SOB on TV.
FEMA is responsible for handing out cash to evacuees. But, they should definitely be there to help the people who don't have a home anymore.
I called FEMA because that's what you are supposed to do.
I know it is pointless, but I am out at least $1500 and now I don't have a/c in my car and someone needs to help out.
Post a Comment