Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Fair Cancelled Again

I cannot seem to find my previous posts about Hurricane Rita, but I seem to be repeating myself. The fair is cancelled again this year due to Hurricane Ike.

The YMBL cancelled the fair in 2005 due to Rita and they seem to think it is best to do so again this year. Why? Because they are selfish. They don't seem to understand that we all need a diversion after this disaster. Why not move the date? Why not find somewhere else to have the fair?

I am sick of this place and the attitude that comes with living here. The poor, poor, pitiful me act is getting old. Get on with it, people. Get on with life and get on with living. Stop feeling sorry for yourselves and get out there and live.

1 comment:

Sheri DelMage said...

What they should've done is made the FEMA people move. There are plenty of other places out there for them to setup shop. There's no reason they should have let FEMA take over Ford Park and then cancel the fair. I was really mad about it. I could understand why they cancelled it after Hurricane Rita. It was scheduled only a few weeks after the storm hit. But this time, the fair was scheduled almost a month after the storm, when most people have gotten things back in order and right at the time when we would like things to go back to normal...