It's been 20 years since I met James. Twenty years that I have been a part of the Adams family. We have been married for 16 years. In all those years, not once have I ever felt like his family likes me.
Last year, I was not able to attend the Christmas party because I had just had surgery. The family got together to take a family picture. Then, my mother-in-law sent the picture out to all the family all over the country with the tagline "everyone but Brittney is in this picture." Then, oops! Kim is not in this picture either. But that was AFTER if was sent to everyone. And only after I emailed her to tell her thanks. Thanks for remembering me.
This year, they have decided to have the Christmas party the day after Christmas. Cody can't come until Christmas night because he is working; Michael has decided at the last minute that he will come to Beaumont - all of this was decided yesterday. Oh, wait. Oops! again. James tells me that he knew last weekend. What's the problem, you ask? JAMES GOES BACK TO DC ON THE 26TH! And, no one realized that I was the one that was taking him to the airport. What? You expect me to believe that? Just like I was lied to that the decision was made yesterday? You expect me to believe that as well? Sorry. I am not that stupid.
You have to understand something about me. I have never felt like I fit anywhere. I am different from my own family. I attend a different church, I am the only non-Protestant. I have different political views. But it all started when I was little. I only felt loved by my grandmother. My dad favored my older sister. My mom favored my little sister. I didn't feel like my sisters liked me, I felt and still feel like I am an embarrasment to them. I am the only one of us three that doesn't have a college degree, and they each have two.
I don't ever think I will feel like I fit in.
2 years ago

























3 comments:
Just so you don't know, you don't embarrass me! Just because I was mean to you when we were younger doesn't mean I don't like you. Just ask Travis and Doug...I'm mean to them too! Anyway, you don't have to "fit-in" according to me because you are a unique individual who doesn't have to be like me and Cindy, or anybody else, just yourself. That's all that matters. So, don't say that I don't like you or love you just because you feel left out of the Adams' Christmas party, because that is not true.
Kim, I'm so sorry. It stinks to feel like you don't fit in. Sometimes people can be incredibly insensitive, and that's unfortunate. I know how that feels, so I'm sorry you're going through it. Don't have any words of wisdom - and even if I did, I'm sure they wouldn't help anyway. ;)
So I'll just send you some hugs instead.
Loved your Christmas card. The boys are getting so grown! Wow!
HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!
leisa
Sheri, I cannot help the way I feel. It is just a fact in my life that I feel alone and left out and like I don't fit in anywhere. You know that I am insecure like that.
And I didn't say you don't like me, I said I feel that way.
Leisa, Thank you. Your words always help me in some way so don't ever feel like they don't.
Post a Comment