Friday, December 24, 2010

A Southern Christmas Dinner

This isn't what we are having for Christmas dinner, it is what we are having for Christmas Eve dinner.  And it seems to be a southern tradition, for I have several friends who are making the same thing either for today or for tomorrow, or both.  This is what we call good here in the south:


This is chicken and sausage gumbo.  I know it looks like sausage soup, but believe me, there's a whole chicken in there.  And it smells very good.  And it tastes very good. 

For Christmas dinner we will be having what my kids expect: Ham with mac and cheese and I am making some green bean bundles for me and maybe some sweet potato souffle. 

What are you having for Christmas dinner?  Is it a tradition of your family or the region you live in or both?

No comments: